Chitrapuri Festival Rules & Regulations
- The 2nd Telangana's 1st Chitrapuri Film Festival (CFF 2017) will take place from December 2016 to February 2017.
- This year we will only accept entries through Film Freeway. Please ensure you read our Rules and Regulation prior to submitting.
- Festival Rules & Regulations
1) Entries should not exceed 25 minutes in duration including all titles and credits.
2) Only films completed on or after 1st January 2016 to 1st January 2017 are eligible for entry into the 2017 Festival competitions.
3) Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4) If the film is not in Telugu, then it must have hard coded English subtitles, and in the case of DVD entrants, on both copies.
5) CFF reserve the right to refuse to screen any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate. Should you wish to question CFF about their decision, you can contact us by email on chitrapurifilmfestival.in.
6) All submissions are screened and evaluated by the CFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee.Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas. These films will be screened numerous times throughout the festival. Due to the amount of films we receive only the top scoring films will go through into the competition. These films will be screened in our Distributed Cinemas and in our main venues. Submitters will be advised via email and the list will also be announced on our website and on our Facebook page in the second week of May. The short list in each category, to be announced JANUARY 2017, will be chosen by the Category Judges and will be posted on our website, on our Facebook page and in the Box Office window. The winning films in each category will then be chosen from this short list and announced at our prize giving ceremony on the evening of 30 January 2017.
7) One entry per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry . If the filmmaker chooses to enter more than one category with the same film, please add an incremental numerical addendum in brackets after the title; i.e. “Film Title” (1), “Film Title” (2) etc as the system requires this differentiation in the case of multiple entries with the same title.
8) If music or additional film material used in your film is not original, then permission from source must be obtained. The responsibility for this rests entirely with the filmmaker. Failure to obtain clearance could result in your film being withdrawn from the Festival. In this event, CFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
9) The submission of a film to CFF will be considered to be an acknowledgement of the festival rules.
10) Entrants should UPLOAD their film to Film Freeway on the day that the entry form is completed. Please include your press kit including still photos. Please write a 10-15 word (ONLY) synopsis for use in our festival programmed – should your film be selected. WE WOULD LIKE TO ENSURE THAT THE JUDGES VIEW YOUR FILM IN THE HIGHEST QUALITY POSSIBLE SO WILL ONLY ACCEPT FINAL CUTS. PLEASE SURE THAT YOUR FILM IS READY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
11) CFF will contact you (firstname.lastname@example.org) if there are any problems with your film. Once downloaded by us, your film will be loaded onto our festival server.
12) Please do not send DVD’s or copies of your film direct to us unless requested to do so. At time of submission we will only accept your entry if your film is upload to Film Freeway.
13) CFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to submission. For more information and queries contact email@example.com. Only use this email when querying the technical aspects of your submission.
14) Once we have received your Film, Photo(s), Fee and Form you will receive an email confirming your entry is ‘In Consideration’. Please note that unless we receive .ALL these items your entry is NOT confirmed.
15) All non technical queries relating to your submission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, all Technical queries should be sent to email@example.com.